Tuesday, September 01, 2009

AFRO XXVII, 11" x 13", Oil Base Pencil/Charcoal, 2009

Here comes number 27 of my current Afro Series and if you remember from my last post on the Afro Series, I said the drawing had a better resemblance. This to me looks more like the model.



I have used Soft Oil Base Pencil with charcoal to render this piece. The emphasis of this series once again is to explore the variety and beauty of natural Black Afro Hair, something that really fascinates me!

I have got three more models lined up, any more takers? If you have a good Afro or know a friend that has a good Afro, please feel free to contact me and we'll arrange sittings or work from photos.

4 comments:

RnB said...

I see what you mean about the difference between the sketch and the painting. The sketch looks like it could be a younger sister of the girl in the painting although they're one and the same. Every piece regardless of medium could end up different. No matter how hard each of us visual artists might try, there's no guarantee that any of us will get the same results every time we revisit or depict the same subject.

They're both great for different reasons imo

adebanji said...

Thanks RnB I really appreaciate your comments and keen observation!

MarceloJ Bresciani said...

It's a nice drawing and beautiful woman! Well done!

adebanji said...

Thanks MarceloJ!