Monday, August 30, 2010

Bath Marathon II Day 9 and 10 (The First 100)

These are the final shots that make up my first 100! All glory be God for the ability, health and divine inspiration! I'm looking forward to my next trip in September. I have also learned a bit more from this trip which I'll share with you, some pitfalls and things one just must do!



86


87


88


89-A guy passed by and stopped, he was a bit amazed, he said, "what you are painting is better than the real thing....but why do you need to be doing this on the streets-you should be in cool money doing this...I'm really loving it." He made me laugh when he said its better than the real thing...because what he really saw was the scene from MY point of view. This is what art is all about, we as artists distill and edit reality-that's why there's no amount of technology that would take out "the good, see and paint wonders from nature"



90


91


92


93



94-I painted this scene from Morrison's in Bath, some people went in for shopping while I had just laid in some sketchy strokes at the start, then when they came out they were shocked to see the scene looking clear!


95-I even got the Bath Rugby Training session in the cold pouring rain!



96



97-It's shots like this that make me love urban sketching! It was pouring but I crunched under a bus stop and fired!


98


99



100-YEPEEE 100!!!

21 comments:

Brian Sylvester said...

Adebanji,

Absolutely amazing! You have a real passion and love for painting and it shows. Thank you!

Take care,
Brian

Unknown said...

Gosh what dedication to your art, I'm so lazy by comparison. I would never pain outside in English rain (so cold even in summer) kudos to you.Fab results!

Victoria on Okinawa said...

Congratulations! Great paintings one and all 100!

SKIZO said...

Thank you for sharing
This fabulous work with us
Good creations

adebanji said...

Thanks Inkpunk, travellingsuep and Victoria!!!

adebanji said...

Thanks SKIZO!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Excellent job! These are all great works. The one with the car headlights in the rain wowed me the most. Very exciting post!

adebanji said...

Thanks Silvina!

Jennifer A. said...

iLike.

adebanji said...

Thanks Jaycee!

Eric's Portfolio said...

Amazing. Congrats on your 100th painting Banji.

Regards,
Eric

daniel adu-yeboah said...

BANJI, I CAN'T WAIT TO VISIT YOUR EXHIBITION OF THESE WORKS...DON'T FORGET TO SEND ME INVITATION.

CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST 100.

adebanji said...

Thanks Eric!
Thanks Daniel! Yes, the exhibition will be sometime in November, 2nd or 3rd week. I will send you an invite! You will need to travel to Bath, it is going to be nice exhibit to view, especially if you love plein -air work!

Art, Love and Life said...

Well done - a great achievment to reach your ton... also thanks for the tips

Ray
http://triboy57.blogspot.com/

adebanji said...

Thanks Ray!

Stephanie Berry said...

WOW!! You're work is amazing. Keep painting--love these--look forward to some close ups. God bless!

adebanji said...

Thanks Stephanie!

Pierre Raby said...

You're on fire! Great works as always
Adebanji, your passion and commitment to your art are highly communicative, thanks for being such an inspiration!
-Pierre

Lynn Lancaster said...

I love your art and share your faith. I think that when we create a painting, we are akin to the mind set of the Creator.

WhyIstheRumAlwaysGone said...

Thanks for sharing Adebanji! It's wonderful and I hope we'll see some close-ups and that you will post some of this work some day!

Unknown said...

Wow, Honey!!!! This is amazing! I am so proud of you and so are Ke and Josh! Love you!