Friday, May 09, 2014

Stones at Westfield Park (7) Chelsea Marathon, 10" x 8", Oil on board

This was a scene I couldn't resist painting.

It's number 7 in the current series of the Chelsea Marathon!

Stones at Westfield Park, 10" x 8", Oil on board
 To Purchase this painting please click HERE

I had nursed the feeling for a while but this time it wasn't going to last!


Adebanji painting at Westfield Park, Chelsea

I am happy I went to do it because it really got it off my chest, which is what happens to me when I finally get to do a painting of a place that I have always longed to do.

Stage 1
Stage 2
Stage 3
Stage 4


I was very much inspired by the stones and the lavender coloured tree! I just found a way of making the whole thing work in one piece.

Hopefully I'll do the drawing of this scene too!

SPECIAL QUOTE
"The paintings are a spontaneous response to the day as it unfolds and are usually completed alla prima in a couple of hours- on site or in the studio."- Julian Merrow-Smith

No comments: